Careers & Internships
Established in 2014, Marigold & Grey is an award-winning artisan gifting business specializing in custom gift design for weddings and corporate events in addition to operating an e-commerce platform for lifestyle gifting. We believe that gifting should not only be easy and stress-free for our clients but also well-curated and beautiful at the same time. Through hard work, dedication to our clients, non-stop teamwork, and an eye for design, we have enjoyed significant growth over the last 3+ years! We’ve also enjoyed national recognition, both in print and digital, in publications such as Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, BRIDES Magazine, Southern Weddings, Washingtonian Bride & Groom, and more.
Are you eager to assume a hands-on role within a growing small business? Are you the type of person who does whatever it takes to get the job done? Do you approach problem solving with energy and enthusiasm? If so, one of these opportunities just might be the perfect one for you!
2020 SUMMER INTERN (Full Time)
We are currently searching for an energetic, problem-solving and detail-oriented Summer Intern to join our team and work alongside us at our Kensington, Maryland location. The Summer Internship Program is designed to expose the students to all aspects of running a small business as they assist with gift production, sales and marketing analysis, social media and more.
What You’ll Learn:
- Workflow to include ordering, receiving, gift production and delivery coordination
- Relationship building with clients and vendors
- The value of styled shoots from planning to execution to publication
- Social media strategy and analytics
- How to effectively communicate with an online community to gain additional followers as well as deepen relationships with our current following
- How to generate relevant content for a blog and social media
- Current industry trends and how to forecast upcoming trends
The ideal candidate has:
- Coursework or completed degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, and/or Business/Entrepreneurship is preferred
- A good eye for design and all things creative!
- Knowledge of Shopify and Photoshop a plus but not required
- Experience with Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and a knowledge of how to utilize them to generate brand awareness, brand interest, brand loyalty and web traffic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A can-do attitude with willingness to work hard and take ownership of deliverables
- A genuine desire to be part of a small business
- Upbeat personality
- This internship requires 30-40 hours per week; May through late August
- We prefer that our interns apply to receive college credit for their time with us. We complete all necessary documentation required by the intern’s college or university in order for course credit to be granted
- A stipend will be paid at the successful conclusion of the internship requirements
How to Apply:
- Email your resumé, cover letter, and pay requirements to email@example.com. Include "SUMMER 2019 INTERNSHIP" in the subject line.
- Applications submitted without the requested information will NOT be considered.
- No phone calls please
If you think you’re a good fit for us and us for you, we look forward to hearing from you!