FILED IN: Behind-the-Scenes, M&G Happenings
Posted By: Jamie
So! Some pretty big news around here! Marigold & Grey is looking for a spring intern! We're gearing up for a very busy wedding season and are on the hunt for just the right person! Read on for the details...
What We Need:
- Coursework or completed degree in Public Relations, Communications and/or Marketing
- Knowledge of WordPress and Photoshop
- Extreme comfort with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. and a knowledge of how to utilize them to generate brand awareness, brand interest, brand loyalty and web traffic
- Experience with blogging either for ones self or as an independent blog contributor
- Ability to work remotely as well as on-site in Chevy Chase, Maryland
- Ability to travel within the DC/MD/VA area for meetings and networking events
- Good eye for design and photography
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A can-do attitude with willingness to roll up the sleeves and work very hard
- A deep and genuine desire to be part of a brand new business
- Upbeat personality
What You’ll Learn:
- Work flow to include ordering, receiving, gift production and delivery coordination
- Relationship building and networking skills with members of the wedding industry
- Relationship building with potential customers and vendors
- Styled Shoots from planning to execution to publication
- Analyzing social media analytics from Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc
- How to form and execute a social media strategy
- How to effectively communicate with an online community to gain additional followers as well as deepen relationships with our current following
- How to generate relevant content for a blog and social media
- How to create and manage a marketing calendar
- Current industry trends and how to forecast upcoming trends
- Ideal start date is March 1st and the internship will last 3-4 months.
- This is an unpaid internship requiring 10-15 hours per week, combining both on-site and remote work.
How To Apply:
Please email your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter telling us about yourself. Include “internship” in the subject line. Please also answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in Marigold & Grey?
- Which blog do you read every single day?
- Which is your favorite celebrity wedding and why?
- In your opinion, which business (large or small) has the best social media strategy and why?
- If you could have a $1000 gift certificate to any store, which would it be?
If you think you’re a good fit for us and us for you, we look forward to hearing from you!